Hope your February was filled with good reads. Here’s a list of some of the books I dug into this month.
- Anno’s Journey (1977) by Mitsumasa Anno
- Happy to be Nappy (1999) by bell hooks, illustrated by Chris Raschka.
- Anya’s Ghost (2011) by Vera Brosgol.
- In the Garden with Dr. Carver (2010) by Susan Grigsby, illustrated by Nicole Tadgell.
- Dear Primo: A Letter to My Cousin (2010) by Duncan Tonatiuh.
- Howtoons: The Possibilities are Endless (2007) by Saul Griffith and Joost Bonsen, illustrated by Nick Dragotta.
- No, David! (1998) by David Shannon.
- Older Than the Stars (2010) by Karen C. Fox, illustrated by Nancy Davis
- Yummy: The Last Days of a Southside Shorty by G. Neri, illustrated by Randy DuBurke (Lee and Low, 2010).
+ One popular link for Great Gay Teen Books from Alex Sanchez.
“Let children read whatever they want and then talk about it with them. If parents and kids can talk together, we won’t have as much censorship because we won’t have as much fear.” —Judy Blume, born today in 1938. (via thelifeguardlibrarian)